This one day symposium will bring together leading speakers from the academic, psychology and psychoanalytic/ psychodynamic traditions, to help practitioners explore their understanding and thinking about working with members of families created by assisted reproduction technologies, including IVF, gamete donation and surrogacy.
- Professor Golombok will give a lecture on Longitudinal studies of psychological well being of parents and children born through donor conception and surrogacy.
- Professor Raphael-Leff will discuss the Impact of imaginary scenarios in structuring family ties.
- Katherine Fine will help practitioners explore their understanding and thinking about working with members of families created by assisted reproductive technologies.
- Dr Brian Feldman will be drawing on infant observation and work with parents and children.
- Professor Lesley Caldwell will summarise by drawing together themes and concerns arising during the course of the day.
The Wellcome Collection
183 Euston Road
London NW1 2BE
More info here.