Petite Meller, whose Baby Love was a 2015 anthem, discusses Lacan, quantum physics and how she came to invent ‘nouveau jazzy pop’

Postgraduate philosophy student at the weekends and stylised disco-pop star during the week…



“My thesis is about the sublime and psychosis,” she says. “Schiller was the first to raise this term ‘the sublime’ – he wrote some poetry about this – and then Kant, who I’m writing about. Kant was writing about the sublime of Schiller. The sublime is related to aesthetics and art – the transcendental. Kant says when you look at a drawing or a piece of art and enjoy it, you transcend your mind – you go beyond it to places… it expands your mind. It’s like a joyful game.”

Read more about Petite Meller here: ‘I believe when you want something and imagine it, it happens’

Petite Meller outside the Freud Museum: ‘I believe in unconscious thought… I go to the mic and just let it out.’ Photograph: Island Records

Worldwide Shipping: 🖤 T-Shirts / Hoodies / Mugs / Stickers >>       I WOULD PREFER NOT TO.  
https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1759107-i-would-prefer-not-to-bartleby-zizek
Bartleby, the Scrivener: “I would prefer not to.
https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1759107-i-would-prefer-not-to-bartleby-zizek
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...