Listen to the only known audio recording of Sigmund Freud, made by the BBC near the end of his life

Recorded at his home, and later broadcasted as a part of the BBC broadcast "Celebrities on Radio", which was broadcasted on December 27th, 1938.

Freud was very ill at this time - he was suffering from throat cancer. Because of this, he talks very slowly in a very indistinct accent. Freud died nine month later after this broadcast.




Freud Says:
"I started my professional activity as a neurologist, trying to bring relief to my neurotic patients. Under the influence of an older friend and by my own efforts I discovered some new and important facts about the unconscious in psychic life, the role of instinctual urges and so on.

Out of these findings grew a new science, Psycho-analysis, a part of psychology and a new method of treatment of the neuroses.

I had to pay heavily for this bit of good luck. People did not believe my facts and thought my theories unsavoury. Resistance was strong and unrelenting. In the end I succeeded in acquiring pupils and building up an international Psycho-Analytic Association.

But the struggle is not yet over."

Sigmund Freud, BBC broadcast recorded at Maresfield Gardens, 7 December 1938.

Worldwide Shipping: 🖤 T-Shirts / Hoodies / Mugs / Stickers >>       I WOULD PREFER NOT TO.  
https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1759107-i-would-prefer-not-to-bartleby-zizek
Bartleby, the Scrivener: “I would prefer not to.
https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1759107-i-would-prefer-not-to-bartleby-zizek
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...